Safety and Security Officer
Number of Positions: 80
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: September 30, 2013
G4S Australia and New Zealand make up one part of the world’s leading international security solutions group reaching clients and candidates in over 125 countries whilst employing 657,000+ employees across all levels.
The Safety and Security Officer will be responsible for security, organisational and co-ordination tasks to help ensure that transferees have appropriate access to health, education, recreation and other services and facilities, transferee welfare and associated documentation and paperwork.
The position of Safety and Security Officer will be required to cover such duties as:
- Monitoring general welfare and well-being of transferees
- Being actively involved in recreational activities both inside and outside the facility.
- Ensure appropriate levels of security, including: monitoring security equpiment and patrolling internally.
- Checking vehicles and individuals entering and leaving the Facility.
- Continiously interacting with transferees and monitoring their behaviour.
- Comply with Incident Reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the maintenance records pertaining to all aspects of the facility’s performance.
- Ensure day-to-day adherence to all Operational Procedures and relevant Post Order.
The Ideal Candidate:
We look to recruit the very best security professionals to join our team and with that we offer exceptional career opportunities and a dynamic working environment. In order to carry out the position of Safety & Security Officer successfully you will ideally possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- The ability to deal objectively and effectively with transferees on an individual or group basis
- Ability to supervise and monitor transferees effectively, with confidence and compassion
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Sound computer skills, including ability to learn control room operations
- Willingness to contribute to the development of the workplace in a constructive and genuinely enthusiastic manner
- Demonstrated flexibility, sensitivity and resilience in a high pressure and changing work environment
- Good organisational and logistics skills, focused on service delivery aligned with contractual requirements
- Willingness and capacity to uphold and promote the G4S Code of Conduct and to exemplify the company’s core values
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to complete the G4S compliance and medical procedures.
Candidates will be required to be aware of the relevance and importance of your activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives by following G4S policies, procedures and operating instruction.